Cemetery Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Velhartice

A church surrounded by fields near Velhartice, founded in the 14th century.

The construction of the church began in 1373. In the 16th century, the church was rebuilt in the late Gothic style, and the cemetery gate and portals date back to the same period. At that time, a north-east vestibule with a diamond vault was added to the church. The temple was significantly modified in the 19th century.

The original three-part Gothic altar, called the "Velhartice Ark", was bought by the National Museum in 1902. It is exhibited in the National Gallery in the Convent of St. Agnes in Prague.